USDA – Rural Energy for America Program Grant (REAP)
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) developed the REAP grant for the purpose of renewable energy development in rural areas. Grants can cover up to 25% of solar project costs.
Who may apply:
- Agricultural businesses with at least 50% gross income from agricultural operations
- Small businesses in eligible rural areas
Both must have no outstanding delinquent federal taxes, debt, judgment, or department.
Grant terms: $2,500 minimum and $500,000 maximum
- End of March for grants up to $50,000
- End of October for grants up to $20,000
For answers to questions about the REAP grant, contact our local USDA representative Brandon Hoffman.
- Phone: (360) 488-4841
- Email: Brandon.Hoffman@wa.usda.gov
For assistance with the REAP application process, contact Mia Devine at Spark Northwest.
- Phone: (206) 755-1233
- Email: Mia@sparknorthwest.com